Effective date: 2016-12-13
While the number of customers using DataPRO continues to grow, development is still in full swing. DataPRO, the single software solution capable of running all DTS hardware platforms (TDAS PRO, TDAS G5, SLICE Micro/Nano, SLICE PRO), has been delivered to a growing number of DTS users since 2014. Many of these customers are using DataPRO as their primary software system for test operation and data collection.
The Current Release version is still 1.1.604, however there are a number of users that have Limited Release versions from both the 1.2 and 1.3 branch. (For more information on the different flavors of software versions, please see this article.) Given the scope and impact of some of the new features added and work done, we will not have a new Public Release of DataPRO available until early January 2017. Current DataPRO users can still obtain a new limited release version if necessary; please submit a support ticket to request new software.
Some of the more significant changes you can look forward to in the next Public Release version of DataPRO are:
- 3D/2D IRTRACC
- Pre-Defined Calculated Channels
- Ability to import a test request with only ISO Codes
- Support for TDAS PRO DIM, SLICE PRO LAB TOM, SLICE PRO LAB DIM
- Able to add Digital Output channels to test setup without previously creating Digital Output sensors or ISO Mode Group Template or dynamic group.
- Added ability to ‘emergency download’ data from a SIM in a different slot or rack than was used for data collection
- Sequential download option for tests with different DAS types
- Static optimization of realtime
We’re still working out the details for the tiered version options, so stay tuned for that. We’ll have documentation available for existing customers that outlines the major changes for the next Public Release, so the upgrade should be something that can be completed when it’s convenient. However, it is recommended to plan time for additional verification tests whenever upgrading to a new version. If you’re not yet working with DataPRO but interested in seeing what would be involved with making the change, please contact DTS Sales/Support to start the conversation.