In order to run a test by using SLICEWare and SLICE DAS, you can follow the instructions from the SLICEWare User's Manual, available here:
I strongly encourage you to read the manual before trying to use the system. Inside, you can find some screenshots of the several tabs of the software that you will have to use.
To summarize, here is what you have to do:
In the "Prepare" tab:
- set up the sensor(s) you are using, in the sensor database area (excitation, sensitivity, range, etc.);
- assign each sensor from the database (left side of the software) to the detected list of hardware (right side of the software);
In the "Diagnostics" tab:
- wait for the sensors to be powered on
- click on "All channels" on the top left corner to run diagnostics on all the channels you want to use
Atfer that, you can either see the system in Real-time or launch an acquisition:
In the "Real-time" tab: see the real-time response for each channel (click on the "Next" button to see the next channel).
You can change several options like the scale, the Y-axis unit displayed, etc.
In the "Acquire" tab:
- Chose the acquisition options: Sample rate, acquisition mode, pre-trigger time (if available), post-trigger time, etc.;
- Enter the Test ID
- Arm the system by clicking on the "Arm" button at the top left of the software. You can also use the Auto-Arm option, but please review the manual before using this in order to know what it does and how you can use it
- Start/Trigger the system via Software or Hardware
- Download the data by clicking on the "Download All" button at the center of the software
In the "Review" tab:
- Click on "Select Tests" at the top left corner of the software and chose the test you want to display, by using the test ID you have entered previously
- Take a look at the signals you have acquired
- Almost like in the "Real-time" tab, you can change several options to your convenience
If you need further assistance, please contact a DTS Support member or submit a request on the Help Center.